A Week Away is an American teen faith-based romantic musical film co-produced and directed by Roman White with a screenplay by Alan Powell and Kali Bailey. The musical focuses around a troubled teen and his involvement in a Christian summer camp following a run-in with law enforcement.
The film was shot in Nashville, will feature reimagined songs from some of the biggest hits in Contemporary Christian Music history as well as original music from the film’s music producer, Adam Watts. Paul Becker and Melena Rounis choreographed the dance numbers.
Alan Powell, who also co-wrote the screenplay with Kali Bailey and Gabe Vasquez, produced the project with Steve Barnett, Gabe Vasquez and Roman White. Vicky Patel served as executive producer. The film was produced by Rove Productions, co-owned by Vasquez and White.
- "In this uplifting musical, a troubled teen takes a leap of faith by attending summer camp — and unexpectedly finds love, friends and a place to belong."
- —Official Netflix synopsis
- "Troubled teen Will Hawkins (Kevin Quinn) has a run-in with the law that puts him at an important crossroad: go to juvenile detention or attend a Christian summer camp. At first a fish-out-of-water, Will opens his heart, discovers love with a camp regular (Bailee Madison), and sense of belonging in the last place he expected to find it."
- —Netflix Press Release
Cast and Characters
- Bailee Madison as Avery
- Kevin Quinn as Will
- Sherri Shepherd as Kristin
- David Koechner as David
- Jahbril Cook as George
- Kat Conner Sterling as Presley
- Iain Tucker as Sean
- Amy Grant as Camp Counselor
- In the "Best Thing Ever" performance scene, every time the shot is focused on Sean, you can see that he is not happy and he's not singing along. But every time the shot is focused on Avery and Presley, you can see Sean in the background singing along and having fun.
- When Will and Avery are walking through the woods, Will is seen walking with his guitar on his back, but there are multiple cuts of him walking with no guitar. One cut he has his guitar, the next he doesn't.