Army of the Dead is an American horror zombie heist film directed by Zack Snyder. The movie is following a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a group of mercenaries take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantine zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.
Zack Snyder has created the film and has likewise functioned as an screen play writer and dialogue writer alongside Shay Hatten and Joby Harold.
“Army of the Dead” is the first Netflix film to score a wide release at a major theater chain. The movie will play at roughly 600 theaters in total.
Summary[edit | edit source]
- "After a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a group of mercenaries takes the ultimate gamble by venturing into the quarantine zone for the greatest heist ever."
- —Official Netflix synopsis
Plot[edit | edit source]
The film opens with US military convoy, codenamed the “Four Horsemen”, transporting a shipment from Area 51. As the two soldiers driving the truck with the shipment debate what it could possibly be, a couple crashes into them, causing the shipment to flip over and crack open in a fiery explosion. A zombie, Zeus, emerges from it and begins killing and infecting the soldiers. Zeus and two infected soldiers see the skyline of Las Vegas, and go there and begin infecting people. The military tries to end the zombie outbreak there, but fails and is forced to quarantine the city, building a wall around it with shipping containers.
The film then goes to The Lucky Boy restaurant in Albuquerque, where Scott Ward, a mercenary who fought the zombies in Las Vegas, is working.
Cast and Characters[edit | edit source]
- Dave Bautista as Scott Ward
- Ella Purnell as Kate Ward
- Ana de la Reguera as Cruz
- Garret Dillahunt as Martin
- Raúl Castillo as Mikey Guzman
- Omari Hardwick as Vanderohe
- Tig Notaro as Marianne Peters
- Nora Arnezeder as Lilly
- Matthias Schweighöfer as Ludwig Dieter
- Samantha Win as Chambers
- Theo Rossi as Burt Cummings
- Huma Qureshi as Geeta
- Hiroyuki Sanada as Bly Tanaka
- Richard Cetrone as Zeus