Gentefied is an American comedy-drama series adapted from the 2017 Sundance digital darling of the same name, created by Marvin Lemus and Linda Yvette Chávez. In May 2020, the series was renewed for a second season which was released on November 10, 2021.
- "The Morales cousins scramble to save their grandfather's taco shop — and pursue their own dreams — as gentrification shakes up their LA neighborhood."
- —Netflix Synopsis
The series is about family, community, brown love, and the displacement that disrupts it all, three Mexican-American cousins struggle to chase the American Dream, even while that same dream threatens the things they hold most dear: their neighborhood, their immigrant grandfather, and the family taco shop. Set in a rapidly changing Los Angeles, the Spanglish dramedy will navigate important themes like identity, class, and balancing insta-fame with translating memes for their parents.
Cast and Characters
- Joaquín Cosío as Casimiro "Pop" Morales
- J.J. Soria as Erik Morales
- Karrie Martin as Ana Morales
- Carlos Santos as Chris Morales
- Julissa Calderon as Yessika Castillo
- Jaime Alvarez as Javier
- Greg Ellis as Chef Austin
- Annie Gonzalez as Lidia Solis
- Bianca Melgar as Nayeli Morales
- Laura Patalano as Beatriz Morales