I Care a Lot is an American dark comedy-thriller film written and directed by J Blakeson. The film had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 12, 2020. The movie follows Marla Grayson a legal guardian who drains the savings of her elderly wards meets her match when a woman she tries to swindle turns out to be more than she first appears.
Netflix landed the $10 million deal for U.S. rights and the rights to select countries including Germany, Latin America, South Africa, the Middle East, and India. The film is internationally distributed by Amazon Studios.
In April 2021, Netflix announced that I Care A Lot was watched by 56 million subscribers.
- "Poised with sharklike self-assurance, Marla Grayson is a professional, court-appointed guardian for dozens of elderly wards whose assets she seizes and cunningly bilks through dubious but legal means. It’s a well-oiled racket that Marla and her business-partner and lover Fran use with brutal efficiency on their latest “cherry,” Jennifer Peterson — a wealthy retiree with no living heirs or family. But when their mark turns out to have an equally shady secret of her own and connections to a volatile gangster, Marla is forced to level up in a game only predators can play — one that’s neither fair, nor square"
- —Official Netflix synopsis
Cast and Characters
- Rosamund Pike as Marla Grayson
- Eiza Gonzalez as Fran
- Dianne Wiest as Jennifer Peterson
- Peter Dinklage as Roman Lunyov
- Chris Messina as Dean Ericson
- Isaiah Whitlock Jr. as Judge Lomax
- Macon Blair as Feldstrom
- Alicia Witt as Dr. Amos
- Damian Young as Sam Rice
- Nicholas Logan as Alexi Ignatyev
On February 3, 2021, the movie was nominated for the 78th annual Golden Globe Awards in 1 category.
|2021||Golden Globe Awards||Best Actress – Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy||Rosamund Pike||Won|
Behind The Scenes Images