Into the Night is a Belgian drama-Sci-Fi television show based on Jacek Dukaj's novel The Old Axolotl. When the sun suddenly starts killing everything in its path, passengers on an overnight flight from Brussels attempt to survive by any means necessary. It was released on May 1, 2020.
On July 1, 2020, Netflix renewed the series for a second season. It was released on September 8, 2021.
- "Passengers and crew aboard a hijacked overnight flight scramble to outrace the sun as a mysterious cosmic event wreaks havoc on the world below."
- —Official Netflix Synopsis
- "After finding refuge deep underground, the passengers contend with a flurry of new crises — and rising tensions with their military hosts."
- —Official Netflix Season 2 Synopsis
- "Into the Night begins with a sudden solar event, as the sun inexplicably starts killing everything in its path. The show centers around the "lucky" passengers and crew of an overnight flight out of Brussels, as they attempt to fly west — into the safety of the dark night. The plane's manifest is multinational and multilingual, with passengers, rich and poor, young and old, civilian and military. The seemingly ordinary travelers share but one thing: A desire to survive the sun — and each other — by any means necessary."
- —Netflix Press Release
Cast and Characters
- Jan Bijvoet as Richard "Rik" Mertens
- Nabil Mallat as Osman Azizi
- Pauline Etienne as Sylvie Bridgette Dubois
- Laurent Capelluto as Mathieu Daniel Douek
- Stéfano Cassetti as Terenzio Matteo Gallo
- Astrid Whettnall as Gabrielle Renoir
- Vincent Londez as Horst Baudin
- Regina Bikkinina as Zara Oblonskaya
- Alba Gaïa Bellugi as Ines Mélanie Ricci
- Babetida Sadjo as Laura Djalo
- Mehmet Kurtulus as Ayaz Kobanbay
- Ksawery Szlenkier as Jakub Kieslowski
- Nicolas Alechine as Dominik Oblonsky
- Stefano Cassetti as Terenzio Matteo Gallo
- Émilie Caen as Thea Bessit