Lupin is a French action and adventure mystery series created by George Kay. The series follows the exploits of Assane Diop, a gentleman thief who styles himself as a modern-day Arsène Lupin.
The series made its debut on the service Friday, January 8, 2021, and quickly became the first French series to land on the streamer’s U.S. Top 10 list. The first part of the series set a global benchmark for a French show on the Netflix service, having reached 76 million households worldwide during its first 28 days.
- "Inspired by the adventures of Arsène Lupin, gentleman thief Assane Diop sets out to avenge his father for an injustice inflicted by a wealthy family."
- —Official Netflix synopsis
Cast and Characters
- Omar Sy as Assane Diop
- Ludivine Sagnier as Claire
- Clotilde Hesme as Juliette Pellegrini
- Nicole Garcia as Madame Anne Pellegrini
- Hervé Pierre as Hubert Pellegrini
- Antoine Gouy as Benjamin Ferel
- Fargass Assandé as Babakar
- Soufiane Guerrab as Youssef Guédira
- Vincent Londez as Captain Romain Laugier
- Shirine Boutella as Lieutenant Sofia Belkacem
- Vincent Garanger as Gabriel Dumont
- Etan Simon as Raoul
- Since the release of the series, the original Leblanc book has regained interest internationally with it now trending on many marketplaces in France, Italy, Spain, the U.S., UK, Korea and others.
- On January 18, 2021, French national news radio, FranceInfo, featured the show as part of its daily kids program, FranceInfo Junior, bringing in an Arsène Lupin scholar to educate the youngsters on the character’s origins.
- The series was Netflix' most watched piece of original programming in the first quarter of 2021.
- Netflix’s ‘Lupin’ Becomes First French Series To Debut On Streamer’s U.S. Top Ten List
- Netflix’s ‘Lupin’ Topping ‘Bridgerton’ & ‘Queen’s Gambit’ With 70M Households In First 28 Days
- 'Lupin' snags top Netflix viewing spot in first quarter
- ‘Lupin’: Release Date & New Trailer Revealed For Part 2 Of Hit Netflix Series
- Part 3 Announcement