Red Notice is an American comedy crime action and adventure film written and directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber and released on the 5th of November 2021, then Netflix on the 12th of November 2021. The movie follows an Interpol agent who tracks the world's most wanted. It stars Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds.
Universal and Legendary originally landed the project in a multi-studio auction. However, after Uni ran the numbers, they deemed it too expensive. On July 8, 2019, it was announced that Netflix acquired the distribution rights and added Ryan Reynolds to star alongside Dwayne Johnson and Gal Gadot. The latter two were attached when Universal acquired the project as a pitch early following a ferocious bidding in 2018.
Hiram Garcia, Johnson and Dany Garcia of Seven Bucks Productions produced with Beau Flynn’s Flynn Picture Co. and Thurber’s Bad Version Inc. The film became the most-watched film in its debut weekend on Netflix, as well as the most-watched film within 28 days of release on the platform.
- "An Interpol-issued red notice is a global alert to hunt and capture the world’s most wanted. But when a daring heist brings together the FBI’s top profiler (Johnson) and two rival criminals (Gadot, Reynolds), there’s no telling what will happen."
- —Official Netflix synopsis
Cast and Characters
- Dwayne Johnson as Agent John Hartley
- Gal Gadot as Sarah Black
- Ryan Reynolds as Nolan Booth
- Ritu Arya as Inspector Urvashi Das
- Chris Diamantopoulos as Sotto Voce